HABC Level 2 Award in Fire Safety
The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety is a qualification aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises.
How the qualification is assessed?
This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30.
Unit 1: Fire Safety Principles
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
2. Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
3. Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
4. Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
2. Outline the content of a fire safety briefing.