NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management
NEBOSH International Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate/Course in Pakistan
Who should go for NEBOSH IFC (NEBOSH Fire Safety)?
The NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
is a new qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace. People throughout the world with fire safety responsibilities at work, particularly those tasked with carrying out fire risk assessments and preventing loss of life and property.
What does the course cover?
Principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of the fire. Crucially, the practical element of the course also ensures that participants can carry out, unaided, a fire risk assessment and prepare a recommendations report for management.
Syllabus Summary (November 2014 specification):
Unit IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety
Unit IFC 1: International Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Element 1: Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2: Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Element 3: Health and safety management systems – Do
- Element 4: Health and safety management systems – Check
- Element 5: Health and safety management systems – Act
Unit IFC 2: Fire Safety Practical Application
- Element 1: Managing fire safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires and explosions
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of fire
- Element 6: Fire safety risk assessment
- Purpose and aim
- Assessment location
- Assessment requirements
- Submission of completed work
Examinations and Assessment:
Unit IGC 1 and Unit IFC 1 will be assessed by 2 hours written examinations each. Each written examination consists of “10 short answers” questions and “1 long answer” question. All questions are compulsory. Unit IFC 2 “practical examination” will be assessed by a practical examination carried out in a workplace and preparing a short report.