City & Guilds NVQ Diploma Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
A qualification for safety and health and practitioners who develop, implement, monitor and review policies and procedures.
The City & Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification is accepted by IOSH for GradIOSH Membership. It is recognized for Grad IOSH membership by IOSH, and full Membership of IIRSM.
- Equivalent to a NEBOSH diploma
- Around 6-18 months to complete
- Dedicated assessor to guide you through the process
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study
The qualification is designed to assess and verify knowledge and competence in the practical application of occupational health and safety.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to develop, implement and promote a health and safety policy, develop individual and organizational competence in health and safety, identify, assess and control health and safety risks, and develop and implement monitoring systems as well as response systems.
Delegates are expected to complete their NVQ within 18 months of the start date, and benefit from unlimited support from our team of dedicated, highly experienced assessors throughout their qualification, via visits, email, and telephone.
Who should take this course?
Those who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in managing health and safety for the workplace. They will have an autonomous role in their organization for managing health and safety policy and practice. They will report directly to or be part of the senior management team. They will recommend and implement changes relevant to their role. They will be aware of cost implications and budgetary control.
Course Structure of NVQ Level 5 Diploma
Units covered in NVQ Diploma Level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety Practice:
There are 10 individual units that must be completed in order to obtain the NVQ Diploma Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice:
- UNIT 401 Develop & implement effective communication systems for health & safety information.
- UNIT 501 Promote a positive health & safety culture.
- UNIT 502 Develop & maintain individual & organizational competence in health & safety matters.
- UNIT 503 Identify, assess & control health & safety risks.
- UNIT 504 Develop & implement proactive monitoring systems for health & safety.
- UNIT 505 Develop & implement reactive monitoring systems for health & safety.
- UNIT 506 Develop & implement health & safety emergency response systems & procedures.
- UNIT 507 Develop & implement health & safety review systems.
- UNIT 508 Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health & safety practice.
- UNIT 601 Develop & implement the health & safety
There are no examinations with this qualification.
There are no written examinations to complete. You cannot fail an NVQ you are either competent or not yet competent! You are assessed in your workplace. Your relevant current industry competence is assessed assessing evidence you submit and Units are signed off as they are completed.
- This qualification is accredited by City & Guilds – UK.
- Each successfully completed Unit receives a certification.
Professional Memberships Levels:
Graduate Membership – GradIOSH
Chartered membership – CMIOSH
Upon successful completion of the NVQ level 5 Diploma, candidates can apply for IOSH membership at GradIOSH level and upon completion of an “initial Professional Development”; the membership can be upgraded to CMIOSH.