NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
A qualification for safety and health and practitioners who develop, implement, monitor and review policies and procedures.
The NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification is accepted by IOSH for GradIOSH Membership. It is recognized for Grad IOSH membership by IOSH, and full Membership of IIRSM.
- Alternative to a NEBOSH Diploma
- Fastest and easiest route to CMIOSH (Chartered Membership of IOSH)
- Around 6-18 months to complete
- Dedicated assessor to guide you through the process
- No formal examination
- Flexible workplace study
The qualification is designed to assess and verify knowledge and competence in the practical application of occupational health and safety.
NVQ Level 6 Diploma
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice qualification is aimed at candidates who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in their organisation. They may be a staff member, supervisor or manager looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. There will be an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment. This qualification is approved for candidates aged 19+
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for those in the following roles who are looking to improve their knowledge and skills:
- Line manager
- HSE manager
- HSE director
- Staff who’s daily duties revolve around HSE
There are NO EXAMS to take for this course!
Professional Memberships Levels:
Graduate Membership – GradIOSH
Chartered membership – CMIOSH
Upon successful completion of the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety, candidates can apply for IOSH membership at GradIOSH level and upon completion of an “initial Professional Development”; the membership can be upgraded to CMIOSH.
Course Structure of NVQ Level 6 Diploma
Units covered in NVQ Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Health & Safety Practice:
There are 10 individual units that must be completed in order to obtain the NVQ Diploma Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice:
- UNIT 1 (D/616/9536): Promote a positive health & safety culture.
- UNIT 2 (F/616/9531): Develop and implement the health & safety.
- UNIT 3 (J/616/9532): Develop and implement effective communication systems for health & safety information.
- UNIT 4 (R/616/9534): Develop and maintain individual & organizational competence in health & safety matters.
- UNIT 5 (Y/616/9535): Identify, assess and control health & safety risks.
- UNIT 6 (H/616/9537): Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health & safety.
- UNIT 7 (K/616/9538): Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health & safety.
- UNIT 8 (M/616/9539): Develop and implement health & safety emergency response systems & procedures.
- UNIT 9 (H/616/9540): Develop and implement health & safety review systems.
- UNIT 10 (K/616/9541): Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health & safety practice.
- Get a balanced perspective of the full scope of occupational safety and health issues.
- Be able to organize and communicate an effective safety program.
- Learn techniques to identify and target hazards, specific to your organization and take actions to prevent incidents and related costs
There are NO EXAMS with this qualification.
There are no written examinations to complete. You cannot fail an NVQ you are either competent or not yet competent! You are assessed in your workplace. Your relevant current industry competence is assessed based on the evidence you submit.
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units.
This qualification is accredited by ProQual (IOSH, UK).
Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title –
ProQual Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
Suite # 06, First Floor Glamour One Plaza, Main Peco Road, Township, Lahore, Pakistan.
Best institute for NEBOSH IGC Course in Lahore, Safety Officer Diploma, IOSH Managing Safely Course in Pakistan.