NVQ Qualifications (Occupational Health and Safety Practice)
NVQ (National Vocational Qualifications) or RFQ (Regulated Framework Qualifications) are work-based qualifications in the UK (England, Wales & Northern Ireland) accomplished through work-based assessments and training by the learners.
There are various types of NVQ qualifications available including but not limited to health care, construction industry, manufacturing and engineering industry, transportation industry, management etc. Levels 1 to level 8 NVQ qualifications are available through various awarding bodies.
NVQ qualifications for occupational health and safety practice are also available including level 3 and level 5 for learners practicing occupational health and safety in their respective work areas and industries. Recently NVQ level 6 in OHSP is also introduced by one of the awarding body Pro-Qual (AB) that is available to learners in upcoming days through approved course providers offering NVQ qualifications.
Why NVQ qualifications in OHSP?
There are many reasons why you should choose NVQ in occupational health and safety practice as a recognised qualification to boost your career and to provide you progression on the basis of accredited qualification. It is evident that many employers demand recognised and accredited qualifications up to certificate, diploma or degree when they are looking to hire someone for a management role in HSEQ.
- NVQ qualifications in OHSP (Occupational health and safety practice) are accredited and recognised under qualification framework in the UK.
- It gives an opportunity to earn an approved certificate, diploma or degree level qualification to those professionals that have work experience but not having a formal qualification restricting them in their career.
- You will be eligible to enroll for higher degree level qualification upon successful completion of your vocational qualifications throughout the UK and many other countries.
- NVQ qualifications in OHSP (Occupational Health and Safety Practice) are recognised and accepted by IOSH for (Tech/Associate/Graduate) membership level which is one of the common requirements for health and safety professionals when employers hire them for any of the HSEQ roles. It’s evident that NVQ qualifications in health and safety are the fastest way to accomplish IOSH membership particularly GradIOSH (Graduate membership) on the successful completion of NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
- The quickest route to accomplish CMIOSH (Chartered membership status) upon meeting IPD requirement (e.g. open book test and peer review interview)
- Average completion time of NVQ qualifications ranges between 3 to 8 months depending on the nature of your job task and time commitments
- Refresh your knowledge, understanding and gives you an opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned in past, practiced in past to accomplish this qualification
- Most amazing fact of this NVQ qualifications you will not fail it either you are competent enough or not and you will eventually complete it in given timeframe for this qualification i.e. 24 months.
- There is no exam in NVQ qualifications hence you will be free of burden extra preparation and memorizing things from books or syllabus
- NVQ qualifications develop professional skills in learners in their respective field or industrial domain
Where can you complete your NVQ qualifications?
You can achieve your NVQ qualifications available through approved course providers globally by staying at your workplace, as these qualifications do not require any classroom.
We “PAK Safety Solutions” are the pioneer institution offering NVQ qualifications (Level 5 Diploma in OHSP, Level 6 Diploma in OHSP) for many years through our partner institute in Pakistan and globally. Our expert assessor (approved by awarding bodies) having years of experience in training and assessment could help you to accomplish your NVQ qualifications through guidance, consultation and professional support.
How can you accomplish your NVQ qualifications?
NVQ Level 5 Diploma in OHSP or NVQ Level 6 Diploma in OHSP comprise of 10 units each and on the completion of each successful unit learner will progress to next unit, on the completion of all ten units learner will accomplish his/her qualification award issued by the awarding body.
PAK Safety Solutions’ experienced team is available throughout for professional assistance, guidance and consultation to help our learners to accomplish their NVQ qualifications.
Learners are issued with a login to an online portal in order to submit their unit assignment along with work-based evidence.
Imran Shahbaz is a chartered health and safety practitioner and has over 18 years of diversified experience nationally and overseas with many multinational organisations. He is a registered HSE consultant(OSHCR), approved trainer(NEBOSH, IOSH, British Safety Council, HABC), approved assessor for NVQ Qualifications (Level 5 and 6).