The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management has been designed through a collaboration of NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the process industry, such as chemical manufacturing and oil & gas.
The PSM course focuses on international standards and management systems, highlighting the importance of process safety management in the process industry.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is suitable for those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day-to-day duties including:
- Managers, supervisors and employee representatives within the process industry.
- Newly-appointed health and safety advisers.
Who should take this course?
People from all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals etc.
Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this course has been designed to give process safety knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals to allow them to fulfill their process safety responsibilities.
It is advised that students should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues, and many will have gained another NEBOSH qualification.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management (July 2017 specification)”Unit PSM1: Process Safety Management Element 1: Process safety leadership
Element 2: Management of process risk
Element 3: Process safety hazard control
Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
The Certificate in Process Safety Management is a one unit qualification.
Unit PSM1: Process safety management
- Unit PSM1 is a taught unit, assessed by a 90-minute multiple-choice question paper.
- The question paper consists of 40 multiple-choice questions; 10 of the questions areextended scenario questions which will be randomly distributed throughout the paper
- Each question is worth one mark and has one correct and three incorrect responses available
- The question paper covers the whole syllabus with at least one question per element and all questions are compulsory
Achieving the qualification
There is no time restriction for passing the Certificate in Process Safety Management as this is a one unit qualification.