About NEBOSH IGC Course in Lahore
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working on international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This NEBOSH IGC in Lahore course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice.
Upon successful completion of the NEBOSH IGC Training, delegates can apply for a membership with Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
PAK Safety Solutions is the direct approved course provider for NEBOSH IGC in Lahore, Pakistan. We have very experienced and qualified approved trainers to deliver the training for NEBOSH IGC Course in Pakistan.
Who should take NEBOSH International General Certificate?
People from around the world take the NEBOSH IGC Training Course as it gives them the skills and knowledge required to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any type of organization.
However, the NEBOSH International General Certificate is best suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Worker Representatives, Safety Inspectors, CEOs, Directors, OHSAS Managers and others who require an understanding of health and safety principles and practices.
NEBOSH IGC Course is also good for fresh graduates and professionals who want to start their career in the field of health & safety.
For Registration deadline and exam dates of NEBOSH IGC Course in Lahore, click here.
What does the qualification cover?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The NEBOSH IGC Syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate.
The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment.
The NEBOSH IGC Course is divided into 3 units, each of which is assessed separately:
- IGC1 – Management of international health and safety
- GC2 – Control of international workplace hazards
- GC3 – International health and safety practical application
Click here for the full NEBOSH International Certificate syllabus.
How is the course assessed?
This qualification is comprised of 3 units, each of which is assessed separately. IGC1 and GC2 are assessed by 02 hours written examination consisting of ten short answer questions and one long answer question for each Unit. All questions are compulsory and external examiners appointed by NEBOSH marks the scripts of the candidates.
GC3 is a 2 hour practical assessment carried out in the workplace no later than two weeks after sitting the final NEBOSH exam. This practical element will be assessed by PAK Safety Solutions and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates should be able to:
- Outline the scope and nature of occupational health and safety
- Understand key requirements for health and safety management systems
- Explain the principals and practice of risk assessment
- Outline the principals, purpose and role of active and reactive monitoring
- Explain the purpose of, and procedures for health and safety auditing
- Outline common health, welfare and work environment requirements in the workplace
- Explain the hazards and controls measures for assessing risks from manual handling
- Understand and explain the hazards and risks associated with the use of electricity and electrical tools in the workplace
- Outline the hazards, risk and control measures associated with chemical and biological substances
- Identify typical workplace hazards and develop suitable control measures
- Prepare management reports on health and safety improvements
Further qualification recognition
Delegates who successfully complete the NEBOSH International Certificate course will be certified and can apply for:
- Technical membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH)
- Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk Management, allowing you to use AIIRSM after your name
Many professionals enjoy the course and proceed to the NEBOSH International Diploma, forging a rewarding, lifetime career in health and safety.
If you have health and safety responsibilities at work or work for an international organization, get in touch to see how this globally recognized qualification could help you on your way to a career in the health and safety profession.