NEBOSH National Fire Safety & Risk Management Certificate/Course in Pakistan
The NEBOSH National Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate aim to build on the success of the National General Certificate. The Fire Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and those embarking on a role with fire safety responsibility and aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and fire preventive and protective measures within most workplaces.
The syllabus is based on National Occupational Standards in Fire Safety at level 3, which has common units with the Emergency Fire Services National Occupational Standards.
Payments for eLearning courses made within the UK (only) are subject to UK VAT at the prevailing rate.
Syllabus Summary (November 2014 specification):
Unit NGC1: Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Health and safety management systems – Do
- Health and safety management systems – Check
- Health and safety management systems – Act
Unit FC1: Fire safety and risk management
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires and explosions
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire risk assessment
Unit FC2: Fire safety practical application
- Fire safety practical application
The examination comprises two 2-hour written papers and a practical assessment. Each written paper consists of one ‘long-answer’ question and ten ‘short-answer’ questions. All questions are compulsory. The practical assessment consists of carrying out a risk assessment of a workplace and preparing a short report.
Did you know?
This qualification is unitized; therefore if you have successfully completed the NEBOSH NGC course within the past 5 years, you are exempt from re-sitting the NGC1 examinations. Reducing your required study!